DATE: September 16 at 8:30 a.m.
HIKING ON THE COSTA DAURADA + ROMAN AQUEDUCT
Enjoy a spectacular walk along the Costa Daurada from the beautiful fishing village of Altafulla to Platja Llarga in Tarragona passing by the castle of Tamarit, the Bosc de la Marquesa, Waikiki beach and beautiful coves. And visit the impressive Roman aqueduct of Les Ferreres (also known as Pont del Diable), the best preserved Roman aqueduct on the peninsula along with that of Segovia.
A nice walk to enjoy the Costa Daurada and its most beautiful beaches. We start the route, about three hours, in Altafulla, one of the most beautiful and genuine towns on the Costa Daurada (its fishermen’s neighborhood is cute). After the town, we will head towards the mouth of the Gaià river and from there to the castle of Tamarit, located in a corner of great beauty.
Past Tamarit and before reaching Punta de la Mora, we will make a stop to rest and/or enjoy the beach bar. After the break, we will enter the spectacular forest of La Marquesa, one of the best preserved pine forests on the coast. And from there we will go to Cala de la Roca Plana and Cala de Waikiki, one of the most beautiful and wild beaches in Catalonia. Once past Waikiki beach, we will arrive at the beautiful Platja Llarga de Tarragona, very long and almost virgin, where we will have time to eat (you can bring food from home or eat in one of the three restaurants on the beach).
After lunch, and back to Barcelona, we will visit and walk through the spectacular Roman aqueduct of Les Ferreres, one of the best preserved in Europe.
A very complete excursion that combines hiking, culture, history and nature.
– 8.30h: We are in the Universitat square (main entrance of the UB)
– 10-11h: Arrival in Altafulla and time for breakfast. Brief guided tour of the neighborhood known as Les Botigues de Mar and a historical and geographical introduction.
– 11-14.30h: Walk to Platja Llarga de Tarragona, with a stop to rest at Punta de la Mora.
– 14.30- 16.30h: Free time to eat, rest and enjoy Platja Llarga
– 16.30-17h: Bus to the Roman aqueduct of Les Ferreres
– 17-18h: Visit to the Roman aqueduct of Les Ferreres
– 18-20h: Coach back to Barcelona
LANGUAGES: Spanish and Catalan (if you need some additional explanations in English there is no problem)
ACCOMPANYING GUIDE: Toni Bellido (official guide of Barcelona and Catalonia)
Technical description walk:
- Difficulty level: low to medium
- Total distance: 8 km approx.
- Cumulative drop: 160 meters
The walk is quite easy, but it takes place on a narrow path with some ups and downs, so a minimum of physical condition is required
IMPORTANT: Do not forget to wear good walking shoes, sunglasses, a good jacket and a raincoat just in case. If the weather forecast is very bad, the excursion will be postponed.
DATE: September 16, 2023
ACCOMPANYING GUIDE: Toni Bellido
|DEPARTURE PLACE||Plaça Universitat (UB main entrance)|
|DAY AND HOUR||Saturday, September 16, at 8:30 a.m.|