DATE: June 5 at 8 a.m.
El Capcir, a northern Catalan region located in the heart of the French Pyrenees, is known as Little Siberia or Little Canada for its extraordinary natural beauty and its large number of forests and lakes, an almost virgin natural landscape dotted with picturesque villages.
And to fully enjoy our day at Capcir, we will have the opportunity to:
1- Go around Lake Matemale (2 hours), eat on its shore, bathe on its beach and relax in the lush forest located on one of the shores
In the morning, after having breakfast in Llívia, we are going to go to Lake Matemale, where we will have the opportunity to walk around the lake (2 hours on a flat path), eat (picnic type) and relax on its shore (the lake has an area beach type where bathing is allowed, a bar/restaurant and leafy forest ideal for resting and enjoying a nap).
Lake Matemale, located at an altitude of 1,541 meters, in the heart of the Capcir plateau, is an ideal place to spend the day. Equipped with all kinds of services and surrounded by a beautiful forest, the lake offers a wide range of activities and extensive views of the region.
2- Puyvalador and Royal Lake
To end the day, we will visit the small town of Real, where we will have the opportunity to contemplate the Puyvalador lake and enjoy the best panoramic view of the region.
– 8h: We meet at Plaça Universitat (at the main entrance of the University of Barcelona) to catch our private bus. We stopped for breakfast in LLívia (La Cerdanya)
– 11-13h: Arrival at Lake Matemale and walk around the lake (2 hours on a flat road). If someone does not want to walk, they can stay in the bar-restaurant, located in the area designated for bathing.
– 13-16h: Free time to eat on the shore of the lake (the idea is to have a picnic. You can bring the sandwich/tupperware from home or buy it during breakfast in Llívia), bathe and/or relax in a unique natural environment
– 16-17.30h: We go to the nearby lake of Puyvalador to enjoy the best panoramic views of the region from the tiny town of Real
– 17.30h: Return bus, arriving in Barcelona around 8:00 p.m.
Languages: Spanish and Catalan
DATE: June 5, 2023
ACCOMPANYING GUIDE: Toni Bellido
IMPORTANT: To enter France it is mandatory to have an up-to-date ID/passport
|Plaça Universitat (main entrance of the University of Barcelona)
|DAY AND HOUR
|Monday, June 5, at 8 a.m.