DATE: October 12th at 8am
DISCOVER THE IMPRESSIVE VALL DE LORD, WALK TO THE SANCTUARY OF LORD -one of the most spectacular viewpoints in Catalonia- and visit SOLSONA.
On this occasion, we propose a complete and beautiful excursion to the region of Solsonès, in the heart of Catalonia. An excursion that includes a guided visit to the beautiful town of Solsona, the regional capital and one of the best preserved medieval towns in Catalonia, as well as a nice walk from Sant Serni de Grau (in Sant Llorenç de Morunys) to the sanctuary of Lord, where we can enjoy one of the most impressive and spectacular views of Catalonia.
– HIKE TO THE SANCTUARY OF LORD FROM SANT SERNI DE GRAU
Beautiful route of 9km (round trip) that will allow us to discover one of the most symbolic natural environments of the Vall de Lord. Starting at the Romanesque chapel of Sant Serni del Grau, the route goes up to the Mola de Lord, where we can enjoy fantastic views of the valley of Lord and the reservoir of La Llosa del Cavall.
The route (by dirt road and asphalt track) does not present any technical difficulty, but there is a certain slope (192 meters) and in the final stretch you have to climb many stairs (10 minutes).
– VISIT SANT LLORENÇ DE MORUNYS
Sant Llorenç de Morunys, located in the heart of the Vall de Lord, is a medieval village with well-preserved walls and a beautiful Romanesque church.
– VISIT SOLSONA, THE REGIONAL CAPITAL.
– 8h: We will meet at Plaza Universitat -main entrance of the UB- to take our private bus.
– 10-10.30h: Arrival and brief breakfast/coffee in Sant Llorenç de Morunys
– 10.30-13.30h: Hike to the Sanctuary of the Lord
– 13.30-14.30h: Picnic lunch at the Santuari del Lord, with stunning views of the valley
– 14.30-16h: Return walk and short guided walk in Sant Llorenç de Morunys
– 16.30-17h: Bus to Solsona
– 17-18h: Free visit to Solsona
– 18h: Return bus, arriving in Barcelona around 8:00 p.m.
Languages: Spanish and Catalan
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION OF THE HIKE:
– Level: Easy to medium
– Total distance: 9km
– Accumulated difference in altitude: 192 meters
– Duration: 3-4 hours approx. (round trip)
IMPORTANT: We are going to have a picnic lunch in the surroundings of the sanctuary -impressive views-, so you should bring your lunch/snack from home or buy it in a bar in Sant Llorenç de Morunys.
In order to have more space during the trip, we go by coach with 60 seats for a maximum of 40 people.
If the weather forecast is bad or the situation generated by the Covid19 prevents us, the excursion will be postponed.
DATES: October 12, 2021
ACCOMPANYING GUIDE: TONI BELLIDO
MINIMUM GROUP 25 PEOPLE AND MAXIMUM 40
|Plaza Universitat (UB main entrance) Barcelona
|DAY AND HOUR
|Tuesday, October 12, at 8 a.m.