DATES: July 29 to 31, 2023
A spectacular getaway to discover and enjoy the Val d’Aran and the Vall de Boí-Taül, the paradise of Catalan Romanesque art. Three days (two nights) with half board accommodation (breakfast + dinner) at the Parador Nacional de Vielha, various cultural visits, two beautiful and easy excursions and free time to enjoy the spa and pools of the Parador, located on the Alto de Vielha and privileged balcony of the Aran Valley.
Throughout the three days we will have time to tour the Vall de Boí-Taüll and visit its main Romanesque churches; stroll through Vielha, the Aranese capital, and stroll through the most beautiful villages of the Aran Valley; enjoy a couple of gentle walks through natural enclaves of great beauty; taste local products; learn about the fascinating history of the Val d’Arán, closely linked to Occitan culture; and, last but not least, have free time to relax and reconnect with nature at the Parador, surrounded by imposing mountains and with one of the best panoramic views of the valley.
The Vall de Boí, or valley of the Noguera de Tor, located in the region of L’Alta Ribagorça (Lleida), is a paradise for lovers of nature and art. In this privileged enclave of the Pyrenees, the gateway to the Aiguestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park, the landscape blends with the Romanesque and vice versa. And it is that few places in the world can boast of having so many Romanesque churches (the Romanesque of the Vall de Boí was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO) in such a small space and such a beautiful setting: peaks that exceed three thousand meters Tall; rivers, ravines, waterfalls, beautiful forests and water. much water.
The Aran Valley, located to the north of the province of Lleida and bordering France, is a magical territory that keeps a great identity. Surrounded by high mountains and with a third of its territory at an altitude of around 2,000 metres, it bears witness to the source of the Garonne River, which for centuries was the only bridge connecting it to the outside world on its way to France. This has made it possible to consolidate the Occitan language and culture to the point that Aranese, Occitan in its Gascon version, has become the official language in Catalonia.
DATES: July 29 to 31, 2023
ACCOMPANYING GUIDE: Toni Bellido
MAXIMUM GROUP: 22 people
|DEPARTURE PLACE||Plaza Universitat (UB main entrance) Barcelona|
|DAY AND HOUR||Saturday, July 29, 7:30 a.m. to Monday, July 31, 8:30 p.m.|
1. Departure from Barcelona by private coach (7:30 a.m.). Stop for breakfast during the journey.
2. Arrival at the Vall de Boí-Taüll.
3. Tour of the valley, with a stop for lunch and a visit to the churches of Boí, Taüll and Erill la Vall
4. Easy and very beautiful walk in the Pla de l’Ermita.
5. Arrival in Vielha and installation at the Parador Nacional.
6. Free time to rest and enjoy the services of the Parador (swimming pool, spa, terrace…)
7. We dined together at the Parador Nacional (included in the price)
7. Breakfast at the Parador
8. Excursion to Bassa d’Oles
9. Guided tour in Vielha and free lunch
10. Visit to Arties, Salardú and Bagergue
11. Return to the Parador de Vielha and free time
12. We dined together at the Parador (included in the price)
13. Breakfast at the Parador
14. Excursion to Pla de Beret and walk to the Sanctuary of Montgarri
15. Food in Baqueira-Beret
16. Bus back through Port de la Bonaigua, arriving in Barcelona around 9:00 p.m.